This is mostly a page for things that I have found to supremely help out traveling.
- Car Rental
- This means lower cost on overhead (no staff, no key handover, all forms are digital),
- Faster check-in and check-out
- 24/7 customer support (they replied within 5min)
- The fleet of vehicles they have are luxury plus cars I rented a Mercedes A180 for about 48-58euros a day. For me it was great because the other automatic option from Hertz was 69euros for a Ford Focus..
- Using the phone camera and app, you can do the damage report on check-in and check-out
- Super painless to change booking
Sign up to Virtuo, then use the code spupmde to get €30 credit off your first rental. Virtuo link
Also you can drive as fast as you want in Belgium on the left lane in the highway :)
- Chase Sapphire Reserve
- Man this card is so amazing.
- 3x pts on resturaunts and 3x on flights.
- $300 travel credit (works on uber). this effectively makes the annual fee only $100
- No international transaction fee
- Using the Chase Ultimate reward pts is easy within their site, for reference its 68k pts to book a roundtrip to Japan, 60k for Amsterdam (they have some multiplier on pts for travel).
- Priority Pass for airport lounges (free food, water)
Heres the Pts Guy review of this card
I found Visa way more widely acceptable than AMEX
- Travel Insurance
- Allianz Travel insurance
This travel insurance directly saved my dad's life. We were very fortunate that he was able to be transported back to the US to get treated because we got this travel insurance. It will protect and cover you medically, dire trip cancellations, etc. Depending on how much you travel, this is definitely worth it and if you even travel 3x in a year, this will be worth its cost.