This is mostly a page for things that I have found to supremely help out traveling.
- Car Rental
- This means lower cost on overhead (no staff, no key handover, all forms are digital),
- Faster check-in and check-out
- 24/7 customer support (they replied within 5min)
- The fleet of vehicles they have are luxury plus cars I rented a Mercedes A180 for about 48-58euros a day. For me it was great because the other automatic option from Hertz was 69euros for a Ford Focus..
- Using the phone camera and app, you can do the damage report on check-in and check-out
- Super painless to change booking
Sign up to Virtuo, then use the code spupmde to get €30 credit off your first rental. Virtuo link
Also you can drive as fast as you want in Belgium on the left lane in the highway :)
- Chase Sapphire Reserve
- Man this card is so amazing.
- 3x pts on resturaunts and 3x on flights.
- $300 travel credit (works on uber). this effectively makes the annual fee only $100
- No international transaction fee
- Using the Chase Ultimate reward pts is easy within their site, for reference its 68k pts to book a roundtrip to Japan, 60k for Amsterdam (they have some multiplier on pts for travel).
- Priority Pass for airport lounges (free food, water)
Heres the Pts Guy review of this card
I found Visa way more widely acceptable than AMEX